HeadStart Funding 2018
As part of its Accelerator activities, EIT Health provides funding for early stage companies and SMEs to develop new products and services. These should fit to the overall EIT Health thematic scope, “Healthy Living, Active Ageing, Improved Health Care”.
Application deadline: April 27th, 2018, 16.00 CET
Apply under the following link
The purpose of the EIT Health Headstart funding is:
- to support the applicants in realizing next steps towards the market and shorten time-to-market for innovative products and services;
- to verify the need/benefit of the product/service for users/customers/payers/partners;
- to increase the possibility to attract further private investment.
Is it for me?
The EIT Health Headstart Funding Programme is suitable for early stage companies and SMEs that are ready to launch a product. The company must be incorporated/registered before the subgranting agreement initiation.
Funding terms and conditions
- A maximum EIT Health contribution of €35 000 can be requested for each project (including €5 000 smart money)
- Smart money which needs to be spent on the following services:
- Support from the European Mentoring and Coaching Network
- Traveling to attend relevant Start-up events and fairs
- Attend the InnoStars level preparation bootcamp (July 5th-6th 2018)
- Remaining €30 000 funding can be used for all activities that are necessary and relevant to reach the Headstart funding project’s objectives.
- The funding is non-dilutive with no strings attached.
- The start of the project needs to be in 2018 and the maximum duration of a project is 12 months.
- The project submitted must have significant co-investment of at least 25% of the requested Headstart Funding
- The funding cannot be used for pure research activities.
1. Based on the submitted applications the highest ranked nine team will be selected
2. The best nine teams will sign a grant agreement with EIT Health in value of €30 000 including €10 000 smart money for (mentoring and coaching and traveling) and should start their Headstart project.
3. Teams will be invited for a two days preparation bootcamp at July 5th -6th 2018
4. Best performing teams will be awarded at InnoStars Final Pitch Event at the end of November - 1st: 12.000 €; 2nd: 10.000 €; 3rd: 8.000 €
Dates and funding may change
In case of questions you can contact local coordinators indicated in "Locations" menu.